This week we learned about how to improve our Quality Score. First of all is important to know that there are three factors that determine our Quality Score:
- Expected click through rate: A keyword status that measures how likely it is that your ads will get clicked when shown for that keyword, irrespective of your ad’s position, extensions, and other ad formats that may affect the visibility of your ads.
- Ad relevance: A keyword status that measures how closely related your keyword is to your ads.
- Landing page experience: A measure that AdWords uses to estimate how relevant and useful your website’s landing page will be to people who click your ad. Landing pages with higher ratings are usually well organized and have text that relates to a person’s search terms.
In order to improve the quality of our Ads we need to consider the following:
1. Create very specific ad groups (Each ad group within your campaign should focus on a single product or service so that your ads appear more relevant to customers.)
2. Choose your keywords carefully (Include specific keywords that directly relate to the specific theme of your ad group and landing page.)
3. Include keywords in your ad text
4. Create simple, enticing ads
5. Use a strong call-to-action
6. Test out multiple ads
7. Regularly review your campaign performance (Test and tweak your campaigns to get the results you want. Review your ad performance to help figure out the best ways to achieve your goals. As you watch your ads over time, you might notice changes to your click through rate or conversion rate.)
We were also given an assignment that was very useful to help us understand how to improve the quality score. Our professor showed us a Keyword and an ad, and our job was find ways to improve the keyword’s quality score.
I suggested that the landing page should be more related to the particular service being offered in order to make it more relevant to the customers. My classmates came up with a lot of really good ideas as well, here are some of my favorites:
- Incorporate your keyword in the body text and in the pictures and graphics alt text.
- Adding a call to action in the Ad.
- Improving the Website (in particular the mobile version or even making a “Parallax one page website that has everything a customer needs to know on one page.”