This week we learned how to create an Adwords campaign. The official site has great information about how to set up the account, and learning about creating a campaign, some important question that you should ask yourself are:
- Which locations will you advertise your product in?
- What devices will you include?
- Automatic bidding or manual bidding?
- What is your daily budget for your campaign?
When it comes to the keywords you need to use is important that you follow this basic steps:
- Think like a customer
- Select specific keywords to target specific clients
- Select general keywords to reach more people (but not too many, otherwise you’ll get a lot of traffic but no clients)
- Group similar words into ad groups
- Pick the right number of keywords (2-3)
- Choose keywords that relate to the websites or apps your customers see.
I think these steps are very helpful to determine whether a word is good or not. Another excellent tip is to use negative keywords (words that let you exclude search terms from your campaigns).
Here is a video that explains everything perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFeOCCRpk8s